I have some resolutions, but they’re my resolutions and, although we’re doing joint resolutions as a family – to help each other achieve them – I’m not going to post them here.
What I am going to post are my hopes for this year. They’re my hopes and they’re mostly selfish hopes. Hopefully they’re realistic hopes. For example, I’m not going to hope for World Peace because – quite frankly – it’s never going to happen. Not unless man is completely wiped out. Even then the Chimps will continue to murder each other and have little skirmishes. Don’t believe me? Google it.
So, my incredible selfish hopes are (in no particular order);
1) That I lose nearly two stone. I’ve packed it on recently due to a new job and not being depressed anymore. It seems that shit jobs and stress are great for keeping the weight off! Wouldn’t recommend them though.
2) That I have enough time to spend quality time with my family, as my new job sees me away at least once a week, and I think that with the New Year and the rush to get things live in the build-up to April, that I’m going to be away a lot more.
3) I have one day where one of my many injuries from my clumsy past don’t bloody hurt. I’m 39 years old now, and everything seems to be catching up with me very quickly indeed. Strangely enough, I don’t know many inactive people who suffer so. Maybe I should just blob? Which would make wish 1) very hard to do.
4) That Shattered Lands: Torquemaster Rising gets published, or that I get an agent at the very least. If this doesn’t happen, them I’m considering going along the Kickstarter route and getting backing to fund the publishing, final editing, rewriting and illustration costs. The rewards I have for the pledgers will be most amazing!
5) That Black LIbrary Weekender 2013 pays off, and I manage to produce something that the editors at Black Library want to publish. Being a Black Library author is one of my big hopes!
6) That I hear good news about my Sherrapu submission to Abaddon Books. I submitted to their open window back in October and it would be great to work with them as they publish a number of authors that I have a lot of respect for.
7) That I am able to get my hands on – or afford – a three piece tweed suit. I bloody love them and would really love to get my hands on one. It will most CERTAINLY become my signature trademark as a successful author.
8) That I find the time to get back into shooting. I was at County level before a car crash wrecked my eyes for a bloody long time – floaters – and with duff eyes and headaches it was hard to look down a scope and get the scores that I needed. If I do manage to get back into shooting this will lead on to number 9)
9) That I finally manage to get my rifle licence. I want to be able to compete, hunt and shoot and own historical weapons. I started to apply for a licence but then the things in 8) happened and I kind of put that all on the back shelf.
So, those are some of my hopes. The more realistic ones. The flash car, lottery win and zombie apocalypse ones can all take a back seat. I’ll work on the ones above and go from there 🙂
No comments yet.